Baguette, butter and jam
Banana and Dried Cranberry Muffins
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
Makes 10-12 muffins (depending on the size you want).
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup golden caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease the muffin tin or line it with reusable silicone muffin cases (on my wishlist!).
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add the dried cranberries. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened - it's ok to have a few little clumps of flour mixture left. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- For the topping, mix together the brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Rub in 1 tablespoon butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal/crumble topping. Sprinkle topping over muffins - you may not have to use all of it.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the muffin tin then remove to a wire rack.