Monday 11 May 2009

A Wee Bit of Burrito

I've been admiring Wendy's blog A Wee Bit of Cooking (and her gorgeous dog, Marco, who features prominently) for some time now. It's already been nearly a year since she posted this recipe for Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos adapted from The Moosewood Low Fat Cookbook. It has been, therefore, nearly a year since I've been meaning to make them.

I finally got around to this today, partly because yesterday at the supermarket I found flour tortillas without a million additives in them (in fact, with no additives) and a ripe avocado. Just what I needed.

Apologies for the dark, blue-toned photo, but this is the result, served with fresh tomato salsa, homemade guacamole (recipe for that another day!) and a dollop of greek yoghurt.

These are relatively quick and very healthy. They use ingredients that keep well, which is good because if you want to make guacamole to accompany them, you will probably need to leave an avocado to ripen for a few days. Most importantly, the taste really good; from the comforting, smooth and spicy interior to the crispy toasted tortilla edges that beg to be dipped in yoghurt.

Thanks Wendy!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Welcome back! So glad you enjoyed them. We've been eating them regularly for a couple of years now and still can't get enough of them.

Joanna said...

Thank you! I hope to blog much more frequently again. Since I've been twittering I've had many more ideas of things to write about!

I just had the leftover burrito for lunch. It was almost better the next day - and it inspired many jealous glances in the kitchen!

Ash said...

This looks so so good! I could use one of those right about now.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too! I got my Popsicle moulds from Homesense, but I did find the excat ones on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-Yellow-Groovy-Pop-Molds/dp/B000G32H3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1279210638&sr=1-1

cheers!